Quilt Block Challenge 2017
Gift Card Prizes sponsored by Len’s Mill Stores
1st Prize – $75 2nd Prize – $50 3rd Prize – $40 4th Prize – $30 5th Prize – $20 6th Prize – $10
We invite all quilters to respond to this quilt block challenge. Cost to enter is $10.00.
The kit includes the following fabrics which are to be incorporated into your block:
- 12 colour coordinated red and white cotton fabric cut in 5 inch squares and one white square approximately 14” in size.
- It doesn’t matter if the blocks are simple or fancy… we are looking for your entries.
- Every block entered is eligible for a prize
- Submitted quilt block is to be 12 ½” square. This includes a ¼” seam allowance all around the outside of the block.
- NO OTHER FABRICS MAY BE ADDED! You may choose to use some of or all of the fabrics.
- Do not wash fabric. Do not quilt your block.
- No photo transfers permitted.
- All blocks must be submitted with the entry form provided.
- Completed blocks must be entered in the 2017 Wellesley NEH Fall Fair for judging and prize eligibility.
- Blocks will be judged on workmanship, best use of fabric supplied in the kit, visual impact, design, and the technique used. Blocks must be quilt ready.
- Blocks entered become the property of the Wellesley NEH Fall Fair/Ag. Society. Blocks to be made into a quilt which will be sold at auction or raffle at the 165th Wellesley NEH Fall Fair in 2018. Proceeds to support the Fall Fair. Extra blocks will be made into a small wall hanging, shams or pillows. All blocks will be used.
Quilting has long been a valued pastime. It has been an important part of our homes and our heritage, bringing comfort and warmth. We invite you to contribute to this community quilt project by making your own block.
A quilt can be built one block at a time … and that’s what we are hoping you will help us do!
Please bring your completed block(s) for entry to the Fall Fair on either Monday September 11 during the hours of 2 to 8pm or Tuesday September 12th between 8am and 10:30am. We will receive them in the Community Centre at 1000 Maple Leaf Street, Wellesley, Ontario. You may mail or deliver your block(s) to us but we must be receive your entry before September 12, 2017.
We do not take responsibility for blocks not received on time or lost in the mail.
For more information please call Beth at 519-656-2731 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to receiving your completed blocks!
We appreciate the support of Len’s Mill Stores, London Ontario as well as Elaine and her staff at Len’s Mill Store in Hawkesville.